Sunday, January 11, 2009

Fun Spot!

On Saturday, my Mothers of Multiples group rented out the Fun Spot skating rink. This was the girls first time roller skating outside of our little patio in the backyard. So they definitely felt big time out there - and - it took Bob and I back to our adolescent years. It was a great time and the best part was that it was just our group, so it was easy to keep track of the girls, even walking with our tennis shoes out on the floor to help them - but it didn't take them long and they wanted to go at it alone.
Here are the girls first in the little kiddie rink. Cami getting into it, steadying herself.
Sydney rocking out to the music they played.
Not long after, they made it out on the main floor - loving every moment of it.
Here you can see the girls out there being super skaters (in the stripped shirts).And we finished the night off with a slushy from the snack bar... oh it took me back.

7 comments:

Amy said...

OMG! I love it! Did you and Bob get skates too? I can totally remember roller skating to Joan Jett, "I love rock and roll!" Your MOMs group is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh that takes me back also!!! The girls got right in there. Next they will be playing crack the whip. Great pictures - love their matching shirts!!!

Anonymous said...

How about "Shoot the Duck"??? Could you just see us trying to do that now? No way........:)! These are great and thanks Amy, I'm sitting here singing "I love rock and roll" :)

Anonymous said...

Those rosy cheeks and smiles tell it all -- I remember that kiddy rink being harder to skate on than the big rink. Looks like a fun time.

Katy said...

How fun! I used to love Fun Spot!!! They look like pros!

Katy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mommy said...

How fun!! I use to LOVE roller skating as a little girl. Great pics!