Sunday, July 12, 2009

WE DID IT!

This morning Bob and I ran in our first 5K over in STL at the MLB All Star Celebrity 5K Run. It was a great experience for the both of us and it was great that we could do it together. My dear friend Amy has been training with me for a few weeks now all in preparation for this run.
Yes, I was a real nerd and brought my camera with me to the race... I wanted to capture this momentous occasion for us.

Here we are BEFORE the race...
And... here we are AFTER with our medals. My face was as red as our medal straps!
Me and my wonderful friend and early morning running partner. :-)
Lou Brock was at the race waving us on at the Start.

8 comments:

Mom said...

I'm proud of you both and what great examples you are for your children!

Nicole said...

Very cool Ang, congratulations! That is a big accomplishment for the two of you!

Unknown said...

Congrats guys! I wish I could run a 5k...way to go you two :)

Katy said...

Great job guys!

Unknown said...

Awesome Angie!!!!! Ok...Bob too.

Amy said...

I'm SO proud of you Ang!!! You did such an amazing job!!! It was great to finish the race with ya!!!

Mommy said...

AWSOME!! You and Bob ROCK!

Mom/Connie said...

That is so great! I am impressed by your motivation and determination.

I noticed the Arch in the background -- those are the arches that were supposed to be placed all around the stadium that you could purchase for like $15,000 -- that's what I was talking about, Bob.