Saturday, October 17, 2009

All About Pumpkins

Fall is definitely here! Seems like we actually skipped fall and went right to winter! Brrr. The girls have been doing lot of fun fall activites the last couple of weeks. I've been a blog slacker... So now you'll get it all in 1 post! :-)
Here are the girls painting their pumpkins with Kirstie. We had Ms. Tia and her family over for dinner and a bonfire a couple of weeks ago and I thought this would be a fun treat for the kids. Except.. I got washable paint, so the next night it rained and there went their paint job... whoops.
Sydney
Cami
Zion's Fall Festival was last weekend. They had lots of great things for the kids to do and play. They even had a Mascoutah Fire Truck there for the kids to explore. Lots of fun and great food too! Here is Camryn trying her luck at the bean toss.
Pumpkin painting. They is Syd's pumpkin, I thought it was so cute and sweet that she put all of our names on her pumpkin. :-)
Cami got her face painted!
Syd waits ALL YEAR for the fall festival so she can help Ms. Karen with the caramel apples. They are delicious!
Eldon Ahner made a train for the kids to ride on and he drives them all around the church property with his golf cart! Very inventive!
On Tuesday the girls had a field trip to go pumpkin picking! I took the day off so I could go with them. I figure that I'll never get these years back and it's worth using a vacation day. I love watching them interact with their classmates and their friends.
Cami found her pumpkin. It was so fun actually going out into the orchards to pick our pumpkins! I'm not sure I've ever done that before - usually they are all pre-picked and you choose from a mound of them! The day we went was VERY chilly and misty. I should have wore my winter coat!!! Mrs. Waddell's rules were that you could only pick a pumpkin big enough to carry yourself. I loved those rules!
Sydney
Ever, Cami and Sydney - so cute. Ever calls them both "best friend" because I don't think she can tell them apart quite yet.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Great post, Ang! I love all the pics! Hope you enjoyed a quiet "girls only" day! :)

Me said...

So fun! I want to go pumpkin-picking...

Mommy said...

Great pictures. I am so glad you were able to go along for the pumpkin picking fun! That little Ever, is very creative by calling them both "best friend". Looks like everyone had fun!

Katy said...

Fall sure does bring a lot of fun times! Great pics!

Grandma Connie said...

Whew, you have been busy, but looks like you've been having lots of fun. Loved the pictures.

Jill Anacleto said...

Such a planner- buying washable paint so they could paint their pumpkins again...and again...and again. :-)