Saturday while Bob was busy drywalling the garage, I took the girls to a kids cooking class at Eckert's. Boy, did they have a great time and I was just as excited because the mess wasn't in MY kitchen! :-) The girls made 5 different things at the class and they also got to go out into the Eckert's Country Market to try all the different kinds of fruits they sold. We came home with something called an Ugli Fruit, the girls thought it was so delicious but it's definitely got a good name for the way it looks! They also got to make 2 candy treat bags to give to their "Valentine's". I was really impressed by this cooking class. The girls want to go back and do it again in March!
Sydney showing me her french toast apple and cream cheese sandwich.
Here's Cami's, they were made into hearts, not sure if you can see that or not.
They also made strawberry and pretzel parfaits






3 comments:
That cooking class does look like fun! A couple more of them then they can start cooking for you and Bob at home. If that is the case, I will enroll Nicholas and Joshua. I am always looking for a way to get out of cooking dinner! LOL
The cooking class looks so fun, & we had a great time at Bob's birthday dinner!
I have seen those children's cooking classes advertised in the paper, and it does look like a great idea. Can't get them interested in cooking too early!!
Bob's birthday dinner was a lot of fun, and we were happy to spend the evening with all of you. Best wishes for many more happy birthdays, my dear son!
Post a Comment