Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fight For Air Climb 2010

This weekend Bob and I participated in the Fight for Air Climb sponsored by the American Lung Association in Springfield, IL along with our friends Amy and Dan. I don't think any of us knew quite what we were getting ourselves into 4 months ago when we signed up for this... We all made it to the top and were very relieved and excited to have completed this huge challenge. It was definitely a test of mental and physical strength, endurance and willpower. I had to keep repeating to myself -I CAN DO THIS!!!!
The hotel looked a lot taller in person. 30 floors = 600 stairs.

Here was the view from our hotel room of the beautiful capitol building. (no, this will not be displayed on my bathroom wall....) The night before the climb.

Team Walter-Morra! I'm sure this was before the climb, neither of us look out of breath...Our times and our metal's. I couldn't get this picture to go horizontal...looked fine on the computer though! Who knows....

Bob - 4 minutes 30 seconds (yes, Bob rocked it! The 1/2 marathon training he is doing is definitely paying off!!!!!)

Angie - 14 minutes 26 seconds.

Our night on the town after the race Saturday night. Bob and I also celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary this weekend.
My Watermelon Martini at this awesome restaurant that Bob made us reservations to- yummy!
One of the many shots of the evening... CHEERS to a great time with great friends!
A special thanks goes out to my mom/dad and Nicole for keeping Cami and Syd this weekend so Bob and I could do this climb and get a special getaway for our Anniversary. And also to my awesome friend Jess for watching Ellie!

11 comments:

Connie said...

Congratulations and happy anniversary.

Mom said...

Ang,
The photo of the Illinois Capital Building is awesome and should be displayed somewhere in your home. Great job on everything!

Papa Jack said...

A big At A Boy to you all. I was surprise to hear that AMY beat Bob's time, not by much but still beat him. Way to go my FD Amy.
I just want to say Bob looked quite nice in his sweater vest! Did not know they still sell them.
Thank God for Goodwill, it almost looks like one of my XXl vest from
the 70"s. Way to go Bob.
Glad you all had a great time.
Papa Jack

Me said...

Nice work guys! Glad to see you had fun too :)

Katy said...

Congrats on a job well done, & it sounds like you had a great 7th wedding anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Hey Papa Jack, you need to ask Amy what her real time was.....

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that last post was me.

Bob

Anonymous said...

And we all rocked it. What a workout.

Bob

Mom/Connie said...

I wanted to comment on the sweater vest, but did not want to be such a mom -- I thought you looked so handsome, Bob.

Mom said...

I thought Bob looking quite handsome in his vest also :)

Angie said...

I dress my man well, don't I! :-)