Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Prayer for a friend

My friend Jessica found out Sunday morning that her Grandfather decided to take his own life while her Grandmother was at church. I ask that you all might say a little prayer for her. It’s hard trying to find the answers as to why things like this happen and how the man she looked up to and loved could do this to her and her family. She traveled to Wisconsin yesterday to be with her loved ones. Her husband, Derek, is TDY in Afghanistan until mid September.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to your friend. The "footprints in the sand" verse comes to mind. I pray your friend and her family can turn to their faith at this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

Ang,

Jessica (and all of us!) are so lucky to have you in our lives. I'm so glad you were there for her on Sunday! I know you were able to comfort her as you were such a comfort to me when we have had issues with Luke and Jackie!

We are continuing to pray for Jess and her entire family!

Katy said...

Your friend & her family is in my prayers, & I know God is watching over them.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of your friends tragedy - what a loss.

Hope to see you all this weekend at the Homecoming. I will be at the fish or beer stand - my two favorite spots!!!